Join us on sample date
Join The Revolution 2020!
Thursday Oct 1 - Sunday Oct 4
A Celebration of Adaptive Sports, Fitness and Recreation
A Fundraiser for Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program (BORP)
Choose an activity and commit to your own personal goal. Set up your own fundraising page through this website. Ask your friends, family, colleagues and associates to sponsor you.
Join us on Zoom for a brief launch party on Thursday evening, Oct 1 and late afternoon on Sunday Oct 4 for a Revolution Celebration & Awards Party.
What activities can I sign up for?
- Cycle--choose your own individual distance or decide upon a group/team route
- Walk, run, roll or stroll--choose your own individual distance or decide upon a group/team route
You can do these activities on your own, or in an appropriately distanced group/team. Plan your own route, or take one of the suggested routes from the BORP Adaptive Cycling Center on the San Francisco Bay Trail. (We will offer options for a range of distances.)
(BORP will provide adaptive bikes for those who need them. All participants cycling from the Cycling Center or needing an adaptive bike MUST make an appointment by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to COVID-19, BORP is unable to provide a supported ride this year.)
Join The Revolution 2020 for a three-day marathon of virtual fitness & recreation! Options include a choice of at least nine inclusive virtual fitness classes and two virtual hikes.
- Classes will include strength & conditioning, seated dance, adaptive yoga, mindful movement, meditation, and more. Hosted on Zoom, they're an opportunity to work out from the comfort of your own home live with expert instructors and an enthusiastic and welcoming community.
- Virtual hikes provide a vivid, interactive online tour of a special natural destination.
All virtual activities will take place live on Zoom on Fri, Sat, & Sun Oct 1 - 3.
A schedule of classes and hikes will be provided to all participants following registration.
Starting September 1, you'll be able to sign up to attend the classes and/or virtual hikes of your choice.
Registration and Fundraising
Registration is $25 until Aug 15, 2020, and $50 after that.
All adult participants are strongly encouraged to raise at least $400 (including registration fee).
Youth (ages 8-17) are strongly encouraged to raise at least $150 (includes registration fee)
Youth under 8: No fundraising minimum '
Incentives and Prizes
In addition to supporting BORP's programs, you can also win great prizes for your fundraising efforts. We also provide rewards when you recruit a new participant to The Revolution!
|Everyone who raises $400 or more:||
$750 – $999:
$50 Amazon Gift Card
|$1,000 - $1,999:
$2,000 – $2,999:
| $100 Amazon Gift Card
$150 Amazon Gift Card
|$3,000 and over:||$200 Amazon Gift Card|
For each new participant you recruit who raises $400+
|$25 Amazon Gift Card|
Got a question? Check our FAQs!
Schedule for Revolution 2020 Virtual Classes & Activities.
|Friday Oct 2||Rumba with Tina
|Seated Yoga with Nancy Yates||Yoga for all, with special emphasis on the blind & visually impaired with
|Contemporary Seated Dance
with Carina Ho
|Move to the Beats Cardio Dance with Janpi Star|
|Saturday Oct 3||Rumba with Tina||Beginning Ballet for all, with special emphasis on the blind & visually impaired with Krishna Christine Washburn of Darkroom Ballet||Inclusive Strength & Conditioning with Rachel Kahn||Seated Tai Chi with Ralf Somack||Move to the Beats Cardio Dance
with Janpi Star
|Sunday Oct 4||Rumba with Tina||Mindful Movement with Rachel Kahn||Inclusive Fitness with Brent Kobs
|Dance with Conner Lundius of the Rollettes Wheelchair Dance Team||Online Celebration
Everyone who signs up for the Revolution 2020 can take part in all of the activities above!
BORP provides adaptive sports, recreation, and fitness programs for children, youth and adults with disabilities and vision impairments in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. We serve more than 1,000 individuals each year. Our programs include:
- Youth Team Sports (wheelchair basketball, sled hockey, goal ball, and power soccer)
- Adult Team Sports (wheelchair basketball, goal ball and power soccer)
- Adaptive cycling from our Berkeley cycling center on the SF Bay Trail
- A Fitness Center, offering group classes in adaptive yoga, tai chi, seated dance, mind-body fitness, etc.
- An Online Fitness Studio, offering classes on Zoom and Facebook Live as well as through the BORP Youtube Channel.
- Outdoor Recreation, including adaptive climbing, canoeing, kayaking, adaptive water skiing, overnight camping for children, youth and adults. During the current pandemic, BORP provides a wide range of virtual activities for participants.
- Specialized programs for people with spinal cord injuries and veterans.
- Access Northern California, a website providing detailed access information on Northern California parks, trails and other destinations.
- Free, wheelchair-accessible transportation.
- BORP Cares, a program providing food and emergency supplies for people with disabilities and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
BORP is a nonprofit organization. All donations made to The Revolution 2020 are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.