Join us on sample date
When you join The Revolution, you help raise funds for BORP (Bay Area Outreach and Recreation Program).
BORP is a nonprofit organization providing a full menu of sports and recreation programs for children, youth and adults with disabilities and vision impairments.
When: Saturday September 21st, 2019
Where: All four cycling routes start and end at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Rosa. There's also a "Roll & Stroll" route for anyone who doesn't want to cycle but still wants to support BORP. The rides and Roll & Stroll are followed by a celebration that includes delicious food, wine and beer, music, swag, and free professional massages for riders!
Hyatt Regency, Sonoma Wine Country
170 Railroad Street, Santa Rosa, CA
Have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
Registration and Fundraising: Registration is $50 for adults and $25 for youth.
All adult riders are required to raise at least $400 (includes registration fee).
Youth (ages 8-17) are required to raise at least $150 (includes registration)*
Youth under 8: No fundraising minimum*
*All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Virtual rider fundraising minimum: $200 (includes registration)
Don't worry, we provide a ton of fundraising tips and tools to make it easy to raise your minimum...and more!
Questions? Check out our FAQ page.
All participants and riders are required to guarantee the minimum pledge amount upon registration. If the minimum is not met by the day of the event, the remaining balance can be paid at check-in on the day of the event.
When you register, you choose to participate in one of four fabulous rides:
- A family-friendly ride along a scenic paved bike path (riders can go up to 10 miles, but less if they wish along this out-and-back route).
- A 30-mile, relatively flat ride that goes through Sebastapol to the charming one-block town of Graton before returning through farmland and vineyards.
- A 45-mile ride that goes through Sebastapol, to Occidental, then takes a challenging 5-mile loop through the redwoods, before a scenic return past apple orchards and vineyards.
- A 70-mile ride that includes vineyards, redwoods, ocean views, and challenging climbs.
There's also a "Roll & Stroll" event that starts at 11am and takes participants along a beautiful paved path for between 1 and 4 miles--you choose. Ideal for anyone who'd prefer not to cycle, but still wants to support BORP!
What about Teams?
Participating in a team is a way to raise even more funds while having fun with friends, co-workers or family. During the registration process, you can create a team or join an existing team. Each team creates their own fundraising goal, but each person in the team must raise $400.
For more information on teams and other questions Check out our FAQ page.
BORP provides adaptive sports, recreation, and fitness programs for children, youth and adults with disabilities and visual impairments in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our programs include:
- Youth Team Sports (wheelchair basketball, sled hockey, goal ball, and power soccer)
- Adult Team Sports (wheelchair basketball, goal ball and power soccer)
- Adaptive Cycling from our Berkeley cycling center on the SF Bay Trail and through a bike share program in Oakland and San Francisco
- A Fitness Center, offering group classes in adaptive yoga, tai chi, seated dance, mind-body fitness, etc.
- Outdoor Recreation, including adaptive climbing, canoeing, kayaking, adaptive water skiing, overnight camping for children, youth and adults.
- Specialize programs for people with spinal cord injuries and veterans.
- Access Northern California, a website providing detailed access information on Northern California parks, trails and other destinations.
BORP is a nonprofit organization. All donations made to The Revolution Ride & Festival are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
"The first time I went to wheelchair basketball, I was suddenly in a room full of kids who were like me.
I realized I wasn't the only disabled kid on the planet. It changed my life."--Christi Levine, former BORP youth athlete.
When you participate in or support the Revolution, you help BORP change lives!!